Seined
Your irritated father!
And there he goes again personally trying to ruin my life I just wish that he could understand me. Urrgh now I am stuck at home changing diapers and watching my "lovable" siblings.
* * *
Josephina and Daniela were stuck baby sitting Josie’s little siblings on Sunday after her dad grounded her on Saturday. That morning Josie snuck out to watch the prince go by. Suddenly he stopped and looked at her
"You Josie the bakers daughter right?" he asked.
"Yes that’s me" Josie said breathlessly.
“Okay and you are friends with the black smiths’ daughter Daniela correct?"
"Yes Dannie I mean Daniela and I are best friends. Why do you ask?"
"I am hosting a ball at the castle this Friday evening." he announced "and you and your friend are invited."
"Why thank you." she said nearly fainting
He passed her 2 invitations and rode away.
You are cordially invited to prince Henry's ball, all who attend will personally be able to meet the king, queen and of course Prince Henry. The festivities shall start at 8:00 this Friday evening. You must wear appropriate attire and a mask.
Please bring you invitation to the door,
Prince Henry
"Dannie" Josie practically screeched with excitement
Dannie came rushing over "what, what is it?"
"You and I are invited to Prince Henry's ball." Josie said with tears of joy in her eyes.
"You must be kidding" said Dannie
“I swear I’m not" said Josie as she passed the invitation to her friend.
"Wow" said Dannie as she opened the letter "I can’t believe this is actually happening"
* * *
"What are we going to wear?" asked Josie
Josie and Dannie were as usual, stuck baby sitting the Josie’s little siblings.
"How much pocket money do you have saved?" Dannie asked
“I have about 5 pounds, I have been saving for over 2 years just in case something like this would happen and also because I have had nothing to spend it on." replied Josie " how much do you have saved?"
"That is allot of money." Dannie said in awe "I only have 1 pound because I helped one of daddies’ costumers’ wives saw a quilt for her 6 little girls so they wouldn’t get cold in the winter." Dannie said dejectedly
"Well I am sure that will be enough and if it isn’t I will pay for the rest." Josie said with a twinkle in her eye.
Dannie could tell that Josie was day-dreaming about going to the ball, and Prince Henry coming over to ask her to dance. Dannie was a more level headed person than Josie, that’s why their friendship worked so well.
* * *
Josie and Dannie, with their money in their pockets, dropped the kids of at the bakery, and went to the towns’ seamstress. They both knew exactly what they wanted. Josie wanted a long, snug in the breasts, pink, flowy dress, with a white ribbon that tied into an elegant bow in the back, it had to be perfect. Dannie wanted an aqua blue, long flowy dress with a white flower on the hip. For their dresses to be done in the short period of time the seamstress charged extra, in total the dresses were 2 pounds each so as promised Josie paid for the rest of Denies dress.
"Now all I have to do is to convince my suborn father to let me go." Josie said with a long sigh.
"Would you like it if I asked my father to try to convince you father to let you go?" asked Dannie
“I would love that" Josie replied
* * *
Even though Mr. Smith tried to convince Josie's dad, he would not budge.
"Please daddy please, pleases, please?" Josie begged
"You may no.... you may go only because you spent all you pocket money on that dress" he said
"Thank you" said Josie excitedly
"You didn’t let me finish, you may go if you stay with Dannie the entire time and you have to be home at 12:00 AM sharp." he said " and no talking to any boys" he added with disgust
"I promise" she said and then ran to go tell Dannie.
* * *
"It’s almost time to go. Will you tie my bow?" asked Dannie
As they walked up to the castle, Josie saw Britney Lord, the daughter of Benet Lord. Her heart sank. Why on this night, her night, did Britney have to come and Ruin it like she always did?
"Guess who's here?" said Josie, and not even waiting for an answer she said “Britney Lord."
"She is arranged to marry Lord Fredric, why is she here?" asked Dannie
"As they walked a spiraled stair case she could bolt for it she needed to.
There was a line of girls waiting to meet the king, queen but mostly Prince Henry. Josie and Dannie waited in line, they noticed that somehow Britney had gotten to the front of the line.
Then Josie’s head spun, the prince was holding Britney’s hand and was pulling her onto the dance floor. Josie ran up the stairs, tears rolling down her face. All her handwork, buying her dress, doing her hair in an interacit bun on the top of her head for nothing because the Prince doesn’t even know who she is. A knot in her stomach started to form.
What was that? She heard voices coming up the stairs she wiped her face and pretended to fix her bow and "a rip" in her dress.
"Hello Josie?" said a voice
“Hi" said Josie, she looked around and there stood Prince Henry, and he looked upset. "What’s wrong?"
"I was actually going to ask you the same question." he said
“Well it’s just, I mean, I LLL... Love you I think and I saw you with Britney Lord and she always beats me so I just thought, why would you like me when there is her as an option instead." Josie confessed "and I am sorry to dump..."
"Stop its okay and I don’t like Britney I like you that is why I invited you in person." he interrupted.
"You do? Why? I mean really?" she asked
"Of course and I saw you run up here and I tried to fallow but I had to detach myself from Britney." he said
"You-you came after me? Why? I’m not important." she said
"Josephina, you are beautiful, and funny and smart and I love you." he said "will you marry me?"
"I don’t know." she answered
"What? Why?" he asked
"Well my father may not approve, and I really don’t know you" she said and ran down the stairs crying.
"What’s wrong?" Dannie asked
Josie grabbed her friends arm and pulled her towards the door. "He asked me to marry him." she sobbed
“Really? Than why are you crying?" asked Dannie
* * *
Josie herd a knock on her door, she opened it and there stood Prince Henry
"What are you doing here?" she asked flatly
"Can I come in?" he asked
"If you must." she replied
"Please marry me?" he begged
"Why?" she argued
"Because you said you love me last night and I love you." he said
"That is true but I’m not right for you and that’s that so goodbye" she said and directed him out the door.
He left and those were the last words they ever spoke to each other.
THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment